The Transverse Myelitis Association has created a patient registry. The purpose of this registry is to help advance research about rare neuro-immune disorders, collaborate with researchers from around the world and identify participants for clinical trials.
Many of our members have shared information about their diagnosis, treatment and outcomes over the years. The information you shared continues to help us guide our programs and research. THANK YOU!
The TMA registry has been designed to learn more about the natural history of rare neuro-immune disorders, treatments and outcomes using standardized tools.
- Individuals diagnosed with
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis
- Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder
- Optic Neuritis
- MOG Antibody-Associated Disease
- Transverse Myelitis, including Acute Flaccid Myelitis
- Other related disorders (multiple sclerosis, spinal stroke, HTLV I and II, anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis etc.)
- Consent to participate must be provided by an eligible adult participant or a legal guardian if the participant is under the age of 18 or is an adult who is unable to provide consent for him/herself.
- Parents or a legally-authorized representative can also enroll on behalf of patients who are deceased. When a legal guardian/representative is completing The TMA Registry, an additional signature is required for participant assent, which is required if an individual is 7 years of age or older and is cognitively able to provide assent.
This is a voluntary registry.
The participant may choose someone to help submit their registry information if needed.
For more information and questions about The TMA Registry, please contact The TMA’s Associate Director of Research and Education, GG deFiebre, at email@example.com.